Hey! I didn't forget! You are responsible for knowing the answers to these questions for your final:
12. What was Brownjohn, Chermayeff and Geismar?
13. What was Yale's role in Graphic Design education?
14. List three designer's who have taught at Yale.
15. Who was appointed director in 1950?
16. Who was Cipe Pineles?
17. What was she the first to do?
18. Who was Leo Lionni?
19. Know about the editorial design revolution
20. Who is Otto Storch?
21. Tell me about the style of his editorial spreads.
22. What happened after the "death" of the magazine during the 1960s?
23. Who was Peter Palazzo?
24. Tell me about Ramparts, Ms. and Rolling Stone
25. What did Doyle Dane Bernbach do to advertising?
26. What is visual/verbal syntax?
27. What was "The New Advertising?"
28. What is figurative typography?
29. What is phototypography?
30. How did it change typography in the 1960s?
30. Did 19th century victorian type resurge in the mainstream? If so, why do you think this happened?
31. Who is Herb Lubalin?
32. What does being a total generalist mean?
33. Who was Ralph Ginzburg?
34. What were some of the magazines that they designed/created?
35. What is the ITC (International Typeface Corporation), what did it do and why was it created?
36. Who is George Lois?
37. Tell me about his cover design philosophy.
38. What was Esquire?
39. What is the New York School?